Saturday, March 16, 2013

An Ode to John and Connie

Many miles we've hiked
Across valleys and peaks
As our backs gathered soreness
Not to mention our feets!

From the woods we descended
Into ol' Franklin town
Where North Carolina-ers do wassle
And heat does abound

We planned a simple night
Of groceries and sleep
When suddenly appeared
The greatest of peeps

Jessica is
my pal of all pals
And I always did wonder "She's so amazing!
But how?!"

I had suspected, my friends
That her parents were great
As they've always been kind
And happy to party late

Now I'm glad to say
I've seen it first hand
These two are the greatest
Folks in all Georgia Land

Without hesitation
They took us here and there
While we resupplied and gathered
Food for our derrieres

They brought us to dinner
At The Dillard House
A Southern Palace of food
Where my appetite was doused
(finally; I'm always hungry)

To top it all off
And this is the kicker
THEY GAVE US FOOT MASSAGES OH MY GOODNESS HOLY CRAP THESE TWO ARE INCREDIBLE THEY EXIST BEYOND THE REALM OF RHYME

And that is why
Connie and John are sublime.

Love,
Clever Girl, Dumptruck and Apollo

1 comment:

  1. Wow! See if you can trick them into following you...
    John and Connie, thanks for watching out for our bairns. You're the best! (Jessica is pretty darn specital, too :-))
    Love to all, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete