Friday, March 21, 2014

Birthday?!

Today is a momentous day. Today is the day that I finally have to say goodbye to a lifelong dream: to become a famous rockstar and then die tragically at the age of 27, like all of the greats. But, alas my friends, today I turn 28 years old, and I have to bid adieu to that long-lost and enormously ill-advised aspiration. To be fair, I spent most of my 27th year living in obscurity in the woods, so the odds of me somehow learning to play some electric instrument and then taking the world by storm were summarily diminished.

Though I will not be able to go 27-year-old rockstar heaven, I will be able to have the rest of my life. And that seems like a pretty fair trade.

I had all intention of writing a legitimate blog post today, but then several friends from out of town SURPRISE-VISITED me (assisted by the sneaky ninja skills of Dumptruck and Jessica), and are here for the weekend. I do not wish for you to think that I have neglected you, dear readers, but it's my birthday, so with my deepest apologies, I beg your forgiveness for the lack of satisfying Saturday morning reading material. I have been simply having too much fun, being surprised out of my wits so thoroughly that I cried. I cried like a toddler who had just been told she was going to Disney World, and she'd be able to wear her Buzz Lightyear costume the entire time.

In lieu of a good post, I leave you with this, a photograph of one of my 2, erm... robust cats (Captain Malcolm Reynolds) laying across what should have been a perfectly wholesome game of Mall Madness, that instead ended in feline terror.

Notice the relative size of his paw to the rest of his body. He is larger than the pillow I
use to sleep with at night.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Regularly scheduled programming will resume on Monday.

Love,
Clever Girl

10 comments:

  1. Plus, that game board is 4' X 6'... Happy Birthday sweetie! We love you! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a monster, to be sure. But also cute and fluffy!

      Delete
  2. happy birthday! I very much enjoyed following your thru-hike as well as all the post-hike shenanigans… and just FYI - the March-April edition of AT Journeys just arrived in my mailbox, the one that lists all the 2000-milers from the previous year. It was fun to look through the list of names and see you and Dumptruck and Whistle and Grim and Apollo. congrats again on an amazing accomplishment, and best of luck in your next 27 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randy, I really appreciate that! I also thought it was awesome to look through the list in AT Journeys, and to be able to see that some people I met at the very beginning were on the list.

      Delete
  3. So you're a Browncoat too? Things just keep getting better and better with you two.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, absolutely. It's unhealthy how much love someone can have for such a short-running show. But it's good to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to another Browncoat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No power in the 'verse can stop me!

      Delete